Friday, February 10, 2006
12:09:00 AM
A Typical Thursday..Every Thursday, i spend my day giving tuition and spending quality time with my loved ones. Well, its not an exception for this week. Gave tuition to my girl in sengkang and proceeded to the boy in outram. Very satisfying and at the same time, frustrating. But tuition-ing is a challenge itself, esp if the kid you have is a challenge in the first place. There were many times i wanted to give up and not teach anymore, but when i see the good side of things, how they make me laugh with their silly comments and the results they produce, everything is worth it, or is it? I never knew how to control my temper and impatiency, but with teaching for a while, these kids have taught me the art of control. I never like to raise my voice with the kids, learning is enjoyable, I dont want it to seem forced, I laugh and play with them, befriend them, but still maintain the discipline in doing work and all. I have always been able to handle that, until now.. I lost my control. I din want to scold him, but he is pushing the limits. I want to give up but there is an inner me that says "No, give him time". Progress takes time, and i know he will be able to do it if he puts in that little effort. I pray for GOD to give me that little bit of strength to carry on, that little bit of courage to push on. Thanks for all those who have supported me and listened to my complaints, i will try my very best. With time, it will get better, i hope.
Nearly got stabbed in the eye by an auntie carrying a
huge yellow umbrella. I went to the side so she could walk past without jabbing anybody's eye with that umbrella, but nooo.. she started looking at something on her right.. and so walked into my path.. and nearly stabbed my eyes with the spokes of the umbrella. Luckily i wasnt dreaming.. or else.. thats it.
Had a good nap just now, after a good meal of tutu kueh frm hougang mall.. and some coffee. well.. i actually woke up cos
ian called me frm thailand. haha.. or else i would have slept till morning. It was good to hear from him, and its amazing how much things can be said on the phone in 10 mins inclusive of all the byebyes and miss yous.. haha. It may be only 10 mins, but it was very good :) This brings me to another point, a calling card worth $10 which can last for 3hrs talktime in taiwan and aussie can only last for 17 mins in thailand???!!! There is such a great difference that i find it extremely funny.. can u imagine those ns men that buy 5 calling cards can only have 85 mins talktime instead of the usual 15 hrs in total all at a price of 50 dollars? Obviously there must be some feud between Starhub and the Thai airtimes.. haha..
Time is ticking.. and its time to mug for the exams are round the corner.
Till i am back again.
love, angele